On 12th to 15th of June 2017, a team from EDP NEW R&D took part in the 2017 CIRED (International Conference on Electricity Distribution) workshop held in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The objectives of the workshop were to learn and share experiences with colleagues from academia, utilities companies and technology companies and disseminate information on Project SENSIBLE.
This year CIRED had 6 themes including: network components, planning of power distribution systems, operation, control and protection, distributed energy resources and active demand integration, power quality and electromagnetic compatibility and challenges for DSOs in new business environments.
Project SENSIBLE had 4 papers available to download here, which were approved under the following three themes:
- Distributed energy resources and active demand integration
- Low voltage grid upgrades enabling Islanding Operation.
- Operation, control and protection
- Protection system analysis in LV grid, with high DG penetration, in parallel and islanding operation.
- Challenges for DSOs in new business environments
- SENSIBLE project Community Engagement both in Évora and Nottingham demonstrator sites.
- Energy services bridging the gap between residential flexibility and energy markets.